AMCap is a small yet fully functional video capture and preview application compatible with Microsoft DirectShow (formerly ActiveMovie, hence the name). It is based on the sample AMCap source code from the Microsoft DirectX 9 SDK.
The VMR9 option enables support for the multi-monitor, zooming, aspect ratio and deinterlacing features (Microsoft DirectX 9.0 required.)
Key features of “AMCap”:
- still capture
- quick video capture
- support for compression (Windows Media 9 Series only)
- remember Video Input, Compression, Standard and Size settings from a previous session
- remember window position
- full screen mode
- support for multi-monitor and deinterlacing [using VMR9] (DirectX 9.0+)
- caption bar and menu on/off
- always on top
- quick TV channel switching (if a tuner is present)
If you are a Microsoft Windows XP user, you may also use the Windows Movie Maker from the Start > All Programs > Accessories menu (version 2.0 available through Windows Update) to make capture and edit your movies.
The free download of this application is for personal use only.
106KB | Windows all | Download | Freeware (personal use)