Apple Computer has unveiled the successor to its highly popular iBook line of entry-level laptops newly renamed Apple MacBook. Intel Core Duo based MacBook is to replace iBook, the entry level of Apple notebook. Like Apple iPod, MacBook is available in two colors, white and black.
The new Apple MacBook sports either 1.83GHz or 2GHz Intel Core Duo processors and has 13.3 inch widescreen TFT screens with a new glossy sheen.
Despite rumours that Apple would release MacBooks in a variety of colours, Apple decided to stick with white for the base model and a midrange version. The high-end iteration sports a new shiny black case and an 80GB hard drive.
“Until we had Core Duo you had to buy a dual-processor PowerMac to get that kind of performance,” Todd Benjamin, director of worldwide product marketing for portables at Apple, told vnunet.com.
“At the top of the line we wanted to do something special and make it an ultimate configuration, so that has a 2GHz processor and comes in a matt black enclosure for a more professional look,” said Benjamin.
1.83GHz or 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
- 512MB of 667 DDR2 SDRAM – expandable to 2GB
13.3-inch (diagonal) TFT glossy widescreen display
Apple Remote with Front Row
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Up to 120GB hard drive
Built-in 54-Mbps 802.11g/e AirPort Extreme wireless LAN
Analog and digital audio in and out
FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 ports
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
64MB of integrated video graphics memory.
Intel GMA 950 graphics processor drives a native screen resolution on the MacBook line of 1280-by-800 pixels
integrated iSight webcam
Gigabit Ethernet networking
A dual-finger scrolling TrackPad
Sudden motion protection for the hard drive
A dual-screen video support
Height: 2.75 cm (1.08 inches)
Width: 32.5 cm (12.78 inches)
Depth: 22.7 cm (8.92 inches)
Weight: 2.36 kg (5.2 pounds)
In addition to releasing new MacBooks, Apple dropped its aging 12-inch PowerBook G4, upped the standard processor speeds on its 15-inch MacBook Pro models and effectively reduced the price of the top-end 15-inch configuration by $US300.
They are available in US with price starting from USD$1,099 to USD$1,499 (black). Black MacBook is $200 more expensive than white MacBook with same features and specs.
Apple MacBook notebook PC is available in India at the starting price of Rs. 77,800/- for a uncustomized Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz version without the Windows operating system.
- Apple Launches all New ‘MacBook Air’ Notebook With 11-inch and 13-inch Displays
- Apple Launches Magic Trackpad For Mac Pro and iMac Desktop PCs
- Apple Launches New 27-inch LED Cinema Display With Built-in iSight Video Camera
- Apple Unveils Completely Redesigned ‘Mac mini’ Compact Desktop & Server in India
- Apple Updates iMac All-in-one Desktop PC With Intel Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 Processors
- LG XDU-G1CCTP1 Desktop PC With Core 2 Duo
- Dell Vostro 200 Slim Tower Desktop PC
- Apple Launches New Mac Pro With Upto 12 Processing Cores
- Lenovo 3000 N100 Notebook PC